We are happy you have chosen us to help you.
At your first appointment, a careful, gentle and complete periodontal examination will be performed. It lasts from 30 minutes to an hour. During the initial examination, Dr. Sofia Ostrer will be able to diagnosis your current periodontal condition and suggest the best treatment method for each individual case.
During this one-hour examination, Dr. Ostrer:
- Takes X-rays (if needed)
- Performs an oral cancer screen
- Discusses diagnosis and possible treatment options
- Answers any questions or concerns you may have
In complex cases a second consultation might be necessary.
We appreciate your assistance at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information.
- Your recent x-rays if you have them. You may contact your dentist to request that they be forwarded to us.
- A list of medications you are currently taking (please note that we will mail you a patient registration and medical history form to fill out in advance of your appointment).
- If you have medical and/or dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
- Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs, requiring premeditation, severe diabetes, or hypertension).
Please note: All patients under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.